For any new blogger, one of the key goals you have when you start your blog is often to generate more interest in your content and expand your readership. Engaging with social networks can be a great way to interact with other bloggers and get your blog noticed by your fellow bloggers in the blogging community. You can see my post on some of my favourite blogs here: http://bit.ly/194suA9
As many of your blog’s readers are often bloggers themselves, social networking is a vital tool to share your links, increase the audience of your blog and heighten that view count!
Twitter, is in my opinion the easiest and most effective way of networking with other bloggers and participating in Twitter chats is a brilliant way to share your blog with other bloggers and also discover some new reads for yourself!
Not only will you meet some new blogging friends but expand your knowledge of the industry and subjects you have chosen to blog about. The chats usually officially last an hour, but many bloggers will continue chatting after this!
As a beauty blogger with a keen interest in fashion and lifestyle, here’s my pick of the best Twitter chats for my fellow #fblbloggers to get involved with:
1) #bbloggers- This is probably the biggest and well-known chat for beauty bloggers on Twitter. It’s run by @bbloggerschat from 8pm UK time (3pm EST) every Wednesday and Sunday. Beauty bloggers can tweet with the hashtag #bbloggers at that time to interact with and discuss issues in the beauty blogging community with other bloggers. There will often be a specific chat topic- which bloggers can vote on at http://www.bbloggerschat.blogspot.co.uk or it will just be a general chat with the opportunity to communicate and introduce yourself and your blog to other bloggers.
2) #lbloggers- The lifestyle bloggers chat hosted by @LbloggersChat also takes place on Sundays from 7pm-8pm UK time or 2pm EST. Bloggers tweeting with #lbloggers can join in with the weekly topic chat. Bloggers can suggest a topic by tweeting the Twitter account and can also apply to be the host of the chat.
3) #fbloggers– For all the fashion bloggers , there’s a specific fashion related chat using the hashtag #fbloggers on Friday nights at 8pm for UK bloggers or 3pm EST.
4) #sbloggers- Student bloggers like myself can join in with the brand new #sbloggers chat, run by @charleylucy to discuss blogging issues faced by students every Friday 8pm-9pm UK time (3pm EST).
5) #fblchat– Another regular Twitter chat for beauty, fashion and lifestyle bloggers is run by @fashbeautylife and takes place every Tuesday at 8pm or 3pm EST. This uses the hashtag #fblchat and the weekly topic is voted for by participating bloggers themselves using a poll on the Twitter page.
6) #BlogHour– This is a popular Twitter chat for bloggers of all genres hosted by @UKBlogAwards with the hashtag #BlogHour and begins at 9pm UK time every Tuesday or 4pm EST.
7) #BlogTrends– For all you night owls living in the UK, @BlogTrends hosts the #BlogTrends twitter chat every Monday at 2am for UK bloggers or at 9pm EST. The chat focuses on how beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogs can improve their blogs and increase their readership as a result.
8) #iFabboTweetMeets– Another American Twitter chat that’s perfect for UK insomniacs is the #iFabboTweetMeets, hosted by @ifabbo. It takes place fortnightly on Wednesdays 9pm EST or 2am Thursdays UK time. This chat is for fashion and beauty bloggers and is a great source for learning about networking with brands.The next chat will be held on Wednesday 5th February 2014 for American bloggers or the early hours of Thursday 6th February for bloggers from the UK. It will then run every other week from there.
9) #beautychat– Another one for the beauty bloggers, #beautychat created by @beautyhigh, begins on Fridays at 2pm EST or 7pm UK time. This American based beauty chat offers a fantastic opportunity for bloggers to connect with high-end brands such as MAC and Illamasqua!
10) #psbloggers– This chat is for plus size bloggers and is held every Sunday from 9pm UK time (4pm EST).
11) #tbloggers- If you’re a teenage blogger, check out the #tblogger Twitter chat hosted by @teenbloggerchat. This chat takes places every Saturday at 8pm UK time and every Thursday at 9pm UK time (or 3pm Saturdays and 4pm Thursdays on EST time). This is a great opportunity to network with other teenage bloggers!
12) #Mybchat-A new Twitter chat has recently started by @MarketYrBlogCht discussing how to increase exposure for your blog and work effectively with brands. This runs on a Tuesday at 7pm UK time (2pm EST) using the hashtag #mybchat. The Chat took place for the first time last week and proved popular with bloggers- even trending in the UK!
The large volume of blog chats available to bloggers may appear slightly overwhelming, but if you have commitments meaning you can’t always participate every week, don’t worry!
You can always participate next time or search the hashtag and catch up on what you have missed after the chat!
I hope you enjoyed my ultimate Twitter chat list and please comment with any chats you love or think I may have missed below and I will add them to the list!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/aliceinthelookingglassblog
I didn’t realise this happened on Twitter and I spend many a hour on there. Defiantly going to keep my eyes out in future for this 🙂 Thank you!
I’m so glad you found it useful!Hope to chat with you in some of these Twitter chats soon 🙂 Alice xx
So glad to have found this post. I never knew myself that this existed. Goes to show how vast Twitter is.
Thank you very much for your comment! I’m so pleased that you found the post useful! I know, Twitter is full of opportunities for bloggers to grow their blog so it’s all very exciting! Hope to chat to you in one of these Twitter chats soon 🙂 Alice xx
Lovely post! I found a few I hadn’t heard of before especially the American ones! x
Thanks Alice! Hope to chat with you in one of the chats soon! xx
Yay thanks for talking about #fblchat!
this is such a helpful post! i keep forgetting about some of these. thank you 🙂
Thank you! I’m so pleased that you found the post useful! There’s lots of Twitter chats out there for bloggers but it can be so confusing remembering when they all are can’t it! Reading your post on ‘DIY Nail Varnish Remover’ now 🙂 Alice xx
This list is incredibly handy, thank you so much 🙂
Thanks Jessica, hopefully can chat to you in one of these Twitter chats soon! Just checking out your blog now! Alice xx
Thank you so much. This is such a helpful post! Bookmarked!!!
Thanks Ffion! I’m so glad you found it useful! Visiting your blog now 🙂 xx
Pingback: An idea for anyone interested … | Jaye Em Edgecliff