What is the Sunshine Award?
I was delighted to be nominated by the lovely Lucille from http://pinkleopardlipstick.blogspot.co.uk for The Sunshine Blogging Award.
For those of you who don’t know, this award is for positive and creatively inspiring other bloggers. As a new blogger, I’m so excited to be a part of this! Thank you Lucille!
So if you would like to learn more about me, please read on!
The Rules are as follows:
1) Share 11 facts of your choice about yourself.
2) Answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you.
3) Nominate 11 bloggers of your choice.
4) Include 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer.
11 Facts About Me
1) I’m currently studying for my masters in Broadcast Journalism.
2) I’m a vegetarian and I love animals.
3) I’m obsessed with everything to do with Harry Potter and I’m not ashamed to admit I wish Hogwarts was real…
4) The vast majority of things I own are the colour pink.
5) I think The Vampire Diaries is one of the best TV shows ever made.
6) I’m probably the worst procrastinator I know- I’m desperately trying to stop this but have had no luck yet!
7) I really want a pet micro pig as I think they are unbelievably cute (but then again, who doesn’t!)
8) It’s my ambition to write fiction books one day.
9) I think I’m addicted to chocolate.
10) If it’s glittery or sparkly, I usually want to buy it.
11) Listening to music and singing (usually to myself) makes me so happy.
Lucille’s Questions To Me
1) What’s your favourite low-end makeup brand?
I love lots of low-end drugstore makeup brands but I’ve been particularly impressed by Maybelline’s products at the moment! Their The Rocket and Colossal mascaras are fantastic and their baby lips lip balms and colour tattoo cream eyeshadows are so amazing for the price!
2) Name one celebrity you would love to meet.
There’s so many celebrities I would be ridiculously excited to meet but I would absolutely love to meet Emma Watson. She’s beautiful stylish, down to earth and intelligent and I think she’s an amazing role model for young women. Plus she happened to be in Harry Potter, my favourite film franchise ever so I would definitely love to quiz her about that!
3) What is the best advice you have ever been given?
That ‘you make your own luck.’ This is my godfather’s favourite saying and I think that while we all need a little bit of luck, exciting things will come our way if we work hard for them.
4) What’s one experience that you will never forget?
Skiing in Lake Tahoe in Nevada was amazing, being able to see the desert while you’re knee deep in snow is pretty surreal!
5) What’s one present you want to get this Christmas?
The Urban Decay Naked 3 palette is most definitely on my Christmas list! I’ve heard it’s coming out mid December so that’s perfect timing for the Christmas stocking! I’m in love with the original Naked palette and the rose gold hues in the Naked 3 palette look equally as incredible!
6) Who’s your celebrity crush?
I know this seems like I’m taking the Harry Potter obsession a bit far but I think Daniel Radcliffe is perfect- he’s gorgeous, intelligent and humble.
7) What one country would you love to live in?
I’ve always been fascinated with America, I would really love to live there one day and it’s my life’s ambition to visit every single state- USA watch out!
8) What’s your favourite hot/cold drink?
My favourite hot drink has to be the British favourite of a cup of tea- it seems to solve all life’s stresses and is the perfect antidote if you’ve had a bad day! My favourite cold drink is probably Diet Coke as it’s so refreshing, especially on a hot day (not that we get many of those here in Britain!)
9) What was your favourite subject at school?
My favourite subject at school was always English because I love writing and day-dreaming up lots of creative things- that’s why I love blogging!
10) What’s your favourite high-end makeup brand?
This is a hard one- I love Mac and Illamasqua, but my favourite high-end brand at the moment has to be Urban Decay. Their eyeshadows are incredibly pigmented and their All Nighter spray always sets my makeup perfectly- plus they’re cruelty free!
11) If you were only allowed to shop at one shop for the rest of your life what would it be?
I would choose T.K Maxx (or T.J. Maxx if you’re an American reader) because then you could buy designer makeup, clothes and homeware all in one place all at much lower prices. This may be slightly cheating as I think you could get pretty much all you needed there for life (apart from maybe enough food)!
My 11 Nominated Bloggers
1) Nykki from http://www.josephinenychole.com
2) Katie from http://subtlecoral.blogspot.co.uk
3) Michelle from http://thoushaltnotcovet.net
4) Beky Lou from http://www.bekylou.com
5) Georgina from http://www.shemightbeloved.com
6) Sera from http://www.theagoraphobicfashionista.com
7) Becky from http://lipgloss-and-lashes.blogspot.co.uk
8) Diane from http://stylecontext.com
9) Gemma from http://www.alittlegemm.blogspot.co.uk
10) Cat from http://www.whatcatsays.blogspot.co.uk
11) Georgina from http://www.makeup-pixi3.com
11 Questions For My Nominated Bloggers To Answer!
1) Why did you decide to start your blog?
2) If you could only take one makeup item to a desert island what would it be?
3) What would be the soundtrack to your life?
4) Who would you want to play you in a film about your life?
5) Would you rather be able to talk to animals or speak all the languages in the world?
6) If you could be invisible, read peoples’ minds or fly, which superpower would you pick and why?
7) Which two celebrity guests (alive or dead) would you invite to your dinner party?
8) What is the best present you have ever received?
9) What’s your favourite beauty product to use in the winter months?
10) If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
11) What’s your best makeup tip/trick?
I hope you enjoyed this post and I’d love to read your answers to any of the questions above in the comments!